Friday, January 27, 2012

"...remote name could not be resolved" when using custom Web App

Hi all,
I'm getting a headache trying to figure out what is going on here. I've set
up Reporting Services on 1 dev machine and 2 servers and using a Web
Application that I am developing to access Reporting Services to generate a
report for me. Everything works fine on both my development machine and one
of the servers, but the other server keeps on producing this error:
"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved."
As far as I can remember, every instance of RS was installed identically.
Also, I can use the Report Manager from the server and from networked
computers to generate reports with no issues. Its only upon my Web Apps
access to the RS that I get this error. Is this similar to the SSL issues a
lot of people have been discussing? I'm still quite a newbie when it comes to
sql server and iis, so if this has been answered elsewhere already, I'd
appreciate a link :)
AndreAfter a bit of debugging I found that the problem was actually just that a
static web refference to the report server was being used, and that was
pointing at the other server still.
All works fine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment