Friday, January 27, 2012

SQL database- into-visual-table-construction

Hello,
First, thanks in advance for your time.
I would like to be able to turn my tables, already designed in SQL server,
into Entity-Relationship diagram so that i can visualize them. In other words
to get a ER model from my tables. Is there any tool that i can do this with?
- any other suggestions? -
thanks and best regards,
Siavash Solati
Sia_Canada wrote:
> Hello,
> First, thanks in advance for your time.
> I would like to be able to turn my tables, already designed in SQL
> server, into Entity-Relationship diagram so that i can visualize
> them. In other words to get a ER model from my tables. Is there any
> tool that i can do this with? - any other suggestions? -
> thanks and best regards,
> Siavash Solati
Most ER tools will reverse-engineer a database into a physical model,
including relationships if they're defined with primary and foreign
keys. Microsoft Visio will do this (in some editions). There are also a
slew of other tools that can do this as well: ERWin, System Architect
(if that's still around).
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment