Friday, January 27, 2012

"..Transform requires script Text and Language.." error?

Hi,
I'm trying setup a package to replicate a database table into a another
database's table.
I thought a Data Driven Query Task would work. I got as far as making the
two connections and setting up the Data Driven Query's source SELECT (with
stored procedure I created in the source database) and destination table
under the Bindings tab.
However, when I run the task I get the error below
"ActiveX Scripting Transform requires script Text and Language and at least
one Phase function to be specified."
When I preview the data in under the task's Source tab, I see data AND the
destination table gets created but not data gets transfered. Can someone
please help on what this error means?
Also, I eventually want to update this destination table with several other
subsequent queries from other databases in order to conslidate related data
into one large reporting table but I have to get the initial population of
data to work first. This will be refreshed daily
Does this approach/package task seem to be applicable?
Thanks, Dave.
Dave,
you'd be best off posting in the separate DTS discussion group.
Rgds,
Paul Ibison
|||Open up your package, save it as a bas file and post it here.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
|||I have the exact same problem as this guy. Could you please help?
thanks
marlene
url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1156295.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment