Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Invalid character in the given encoding". XML bulk load, SQLE

Hi Martin,
I confirm that the problem is the presence of the character "è", even if it
is in the comment. How can I solve the problem?
I have put the line
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
for the encoding. What else should I do?
"Martin Honnen" wrote:

> Tatopitta wrote:
>
> The error usually means that a byte sequence has been encountered that
> does not map to a character in the specified encoding in the XML
> declaration.
> --
> Martin Honnen -- MVP XML
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
>Tatopitta wrote:

> I confirm that the problem is the presence of the character "è", even if
it
> is in the comment. How can I solve the problem?
> I have put the line
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> for the encoding. What else should I do?
Make sure the document is really UTF-8 encoded, with UTF-8 the character
"è" needs to be encoded with the two byte sequence C3 A8.
Martin Honnen -- MVP XML
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment