Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Invalid Cursor State" - REPOST

MS-SQL 2000, Service Pack 3a and 4
I have customers that are starting to get "Invalid Cursor State" messages
returned from my Clarion MS-SQL. based application.
It appears to happen when i am issuing a "SELECT SUM(TOTAL) FROM..."
statement, but i can be sure of that. I cant pinpoint when the problem
starts. The solution has been to close the screen im on, which closes
connection to the database.
Where can i start to look for this problem?
TIA
Tim MorrisonTim Morrison wrote:

> I have customers that are starting to get "Invalid Cursor State"
> messages returned from my Clarion MS-SQL. based application.
>
Tried reading this article?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831997
- Peter
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!|||Yup. SP4 is applied to the machine giving me the most problems. It does
however happen to SP3a machines as well.
Tim
"Peter Lykkegaard" <plykkegaard@.nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:eZOsIYKPHHA.1248@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Tim Morrison wrote:
>
> Tried reading this article?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831997
> - Peter
> --
> Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
> Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment