Friday, February 24, 2012

"Jump to Report" where the report is a linked report.

I setup a folder called _Master in Report Manager and I deploy all reports to
this folder. I setup additional folders through Report Manager that are
related to specific job functions: Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, etc.
Whenever I create a linked report using the "Jump to Report" feature in the
navigation tab, the linked report automatically defaults to the _Master
folder. Since I limit access to _Master solely to administrators, this means
I cannot use the "Jump to Report" drill down.
Is there any way to make the "Jump to Report" feature search for the report
in the current folder? I tried making references like ../Sales/Report1, but
this hard-coded Sales as the end folder. For instance, is there a way to do
../CurrentFolder/Report1 to make certain people in the Sales folder remain in
the Sales folder?
Sincerely,
Jonathan BaysThere is global variable Globals!ReportFolder
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSCREATE/htm/rcr_creating_expressions_v1_7ilv.asp
)
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Jonathan Bays" <JonathanBays@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:87926BDB-037E-419D-A591-22FF75B2F8A8@.microsoft.com...
>I setup a folder called _Master in Report Manager and I deploy all reports
>to
> this folder. I setup additional folders through Report Manager that are
> related to specific job functions: Sales, Customer Service, Marketing,
> etc.
> Whenever I create a linked report using the "Jump to Report" feature in
> the
> navigation tab, the linked report automatically defaults to the _Master
> folder. Since I limit access to _Master solely to administrators, this
> means
> I cannot use the "Jump to Report" drill down.
> Is there any way to make the "Jump to Report" feature search for the
> report
> in the current folder? I tried making references like ../Sales/Report1,
> but
> this hard-coded Sales as the end folder. For instance, is there a way to
> do
> ../CurrentFolder/Report1 to make certain people in the Sales folder remain
> in
> the Sales folder?
> Sincerely,
> Jonathan Bays

No comments:

Post a Comment