Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Invalid Cursor State" - REPOST

MS-SQL 2000, Service Pack 3a and 4
I have customers that are starting to get "Invalid Cursor State" messages
returned from my Clarion MS-SQL. based application.
It appears to happen when i am issuing a "SELECT SUM(TOTAL) FROM..."
statement, but i can be sure of that. I cant pinpoint when the problem
starts. The solution has been to close the screen im on, which closes
connection to the database.
Where can i start to look for this problem?
TIA
Tim Morrison
Yup. SP4 is applied to the machine giving me the most problems. It does
however happen to SP3a machines as well.
Tim
"Peter Lykkegaard" <plykkegaard@.nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:eZOsIYKPHHA.1248@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Tim Morrison wrote:
> Tried reading this article?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831997
> - Peter
> --
> Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
> Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment