Friday, February 24, 2012

"Keys out of order on page (1:10579653), slots 24 and 25..." error messages

Hi,
I have sql server 2000, sp3, and several production databases on this
server. From time to time, my integrity check jobs fail on some of databases
with the error message shown above (not always the same page/slot). This
errors occur on index pages, and I resolve them by rebuilding affected
indexes. Then everything works fine 1-2 weeks, and then again.
Hardware check didn't show anything wrong, but I'm still suspecting that
something is wrong with the disks (EMC, btw). It might be that some disk
block is corrupted. How can I check if it is always the same disk block
(from (1:10579653), slots 24 and 25)?
Interesting part is that I can use corrupted index by forcing the query
through hint, and it doesn't report any error.
Any help?
Thanks,
PejaI'd run a DBCC CheckDB immediately.
"peja" <peja@.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:eJQ76UXrFHA.2072@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have sql server 2000, sp3, and several production databases on this
> server. From time to time, my integrity check jobs fail on some of
> databases
> with the error message shown above (not always the same page/slot). This
> errors occur on index pages, and I resolve them by rebuilding affected
> indexes. Then everything works fine 1-2 weeks, and then again.
> Hardware check didn't show anything wrong, but I'm still suspecting that
> something is wrong with the disks (EMC, btw). It might be that some disk
> block is corrupted. How can I check if it is always the same disk block
> (from (1:10579653), slots 24 and 25)?
> Interesting part is that I can use corrupted index by forcing the query
> through hint, and it doesn't report any error.
> Any help?
> Thanks,
> Peja
>

No comments:

Post a Comment