Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Login failed for user" error

Hi

I have installed sql server on my standalone PC.

I used "window and sql mix authentication" for the sql server in the enterprise manager set up.
when I try to use the sql server login name for the startup service account, I have this error. "No Mapping between names and security IDs ".
So Even though I use mix authentication, I am still using window login name.

Then I create the DSN file.

But when I run the ASP program, I have this error "login fail for user-("user name that I used for dsn file configuration").

I try to configure the dsn file set up with both authentications, windows and sql login names.

But I got the error again.

I am really lost here.
Please help me. thanks...What's your connection string?|||when I try to use the sql server login name for the startup service account, I have this error. "No Mapping between names and security IDs ".

You cannot use a sql server login for the service accounts, these need to be windows accounts (domain or local user, or system account). The mixed authentication only applies to logins to the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment