Friday, February 24, 2012

"Invalid distribution command" in transaction replication

HI
I had a replication working nicely for long time. SQL 2k, SP3.
One day it stoped working with the error "Invalid distribution
command." and
last action is: insert into "ponim" ("tz_pone.
Transaction sequence number and command ID of last execution batch are
0x0000829800000ABB000100000000 and 1.
I think maybe that day I added a new column using sp_repladdcolumn.
I want to say that the same script I run for that replication I ran for
another 3 similar replication and they all still work prefectly.
Any Ideas what I can do?
Please take in consider that I have lots of data in the publication
that
couldn't be send to the subscriber becouse of the above error.
Thanks
Please enable logging as per this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312292 to get more details about the
failing command.
sp_browsereplcmds could also be used to find these details.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment