Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Logon failed" when attempting to connect to cube.

Greetings. I am brand new to SRS, so please bear with me. I'm trying to
create a Report Model in SRS 2005 against an Analysis Services 2005 cube. I
am an admin on the AS box. I am using this tutorial:
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/rptsrvr9/html/8e5d2bd3-48ec-45f3-afee-6d86797c8f28.htm
I set up the data source, then I hit "generate model". I type in my model
name, hit "OK", and get the "Logon failed (rsLogonFailed)" message. I am
using "credentials supplied by the user running the report" dialog box with
the "Use as Windows..." checkbox checked. For good measure I have even added
myself to a cube Role with admin privelages. Alos, I can in fact browse and
manipulate the cube.
Any ideas?
TIA, ChrisRHi
I think the issue here is not the users priviliges in SSAS , rather
the priviliges in SSRS. Try using report manager to configure
permissions for the user in question .
Cheers
Shai
On Nov 20, 12:34 am, ChrisR <Chr...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Greetings. I am brand new to SRS, so please bear with me. I'm trying to
> create a Report Model in SRS 2005 against an Analysis Services 2005 cube. I
> am an admin on the AS box. I am using this tutorial:
> ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/rptsrvr9/html/8e5d2bd3-48ec-45f3-afee--6d86797c8f28.htm
> I set up the data source, then I hit "generate model". I type in my model
> name, hit "OK", and get the "Logon failed (rsLogonFailed)" message. I am
> using "credentials supplied by the user running the report" dialog box with
> the "Use as Windows..." checkbox checked. For good measure I have even added
> myself to a cube Role with admin privelages. Alos, I can in fact browse and
> manipulate the cube.
> Any ideas?
> TIA, ChrisR

No comments:

Post a Comment