Sunday, March 11, 2012

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied", again...

I'm have that darn problem...

Here is our setup:

Remote clustered SQL Server 2000 running on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition box.

Local IIS 5.1 web server (my development box) running on Windows XP Tablet Edition.

I'm using Visual Studio.Net 2003 and using ASP.Net 1.1.4322.

I have an ASP.Net application that hits the remote SQL Server. When I'm on my development box and viewing my ASP.Net project locally via IE, the application retrieves values from the remote SQL Server with no problems. If I get onto another machine, launch IE, and then hit my development box's web server (which is running the asp.net app), I get the dreaded "SQL Server does not exist or access is denied" msg.

In my ASP.Net app, I have impersonate set to true and the website is set only to windows authentication. The remote SQL Server is set to SQL and Windows authentication.

I'm at a loss on what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ExitusLSU

Hi,

This seems to be firewall issue.
Check it after disabling firewall.
http://bhatiaworld.blogspot.com/2005/12/dot-net-error-aspnet-website-or-web.html|||

I also forgot to mention my connection string. It is:

"Data Source=<server name>;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=<database name>"

I've tried using the IP address, but that didn't work.

Thanks,

ExitusLSU

No comments:

Post a Comment