Sunday, March 11, 2012

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied" PPC

Hi everybody,
I have a great problem with Sql Server connections in Pocket Pc. When I try
to create a connection with an Sql Server 2000 with Visual Basic.NET 2003 (I
have Windows XP), I receive the error : "SQL Server does not exist or access
denied".
My connection string is something like:
Dim conn as new Sqlconnection("Server=NAMESERVER;Initial Catalog=Aname;User
ID=anID;Password=Apwd")
I've tried to make changes like Server=192.168.1..10 or change the user and
the password, or include the Integrated Security=SSPI with no success.
Could you help me, please?I have found the solution by myself:
in the connection string, change the server name by his IP. Then
go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\SVRNETCN.exe"
and then enable TCP/IP (put TCP/IP in the right square).
Accept changes... Voil!
"Antonio Prados" <antonio.prados@.eutisoftware.com> escribi en el mensaje
news:35bsm3F4iukicU1@.individual.net...
> Hi everybody,
> I have a great problem with Sql Server connections in Pocket Pc. When I
try
> to create a connection with an Sql Server 2000 with Visual Basic.NET 2003
(I
> have Windows XP), I receive the error : "SQL Server does not exist or
access
> denied".
> My connection string is something like:
> Dim conn as new Sqlconnection("Server=NAMESERVER;Initial
Catalog=Aname;User
> ID=anID;Password=Apwd")
> I've tried to make changes like Server=192.168.1..10 or change the user
and
> the password, or include the Integrated Security=SSPI with no success.
> Could you help me, please?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment