Sunday, March 11, 2012

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied." after installing XP SP2

Hi!

I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 on my pc and I cannot make my asp.net applications access any database any more.

I tried starting the application up from the debugger in vs.net, but I got the same behaviour: I can open the login page but as soon as the application tries to connect to SQLServer I get the "SQL Server does not exist or access denied." error message.

I'm trying to connect with trusted_connection.

Can you guys help me out?Try this Microsoft KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=839269|||Hi TechMickey,

Did you find a solution to the problem? As you remember I have the same problem and it is still not working.|||Hi bws,

no, I just removed sp2 :-(|||So you took the drastic step. I disabled the firewall but without improvement. I will do like you, get rid of the whole sp2-thing. until I see a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment