Sunday, March 11, 2012

"String constants must end with a double quote" error

Hi,
I've created a bunch of reports locally on my machine, where they all run
just fine, but when I try to deploy them to a server I run into some
problems.
I only have access to the server through a third party remote desktop
application (NetOp), so I have to do the deployment by manually uploading
the .rdl file in Report Manager. The reports uses MDX queries which I've had
to change into concatenated strings to allow for parameters, but when I try
to upload the files I only get the "BC30648 String constants must end with a
double quote." error.
If I remove the parameters, and the quotes around the whole query the files
upload just fine. Additionally, I've tried uploading the files manually both
on my own machine and a colleague's without getting this error. The reports
also run fine on these two machines after the upload (and configuration of
datasources).
Below is a sample of the query in a report that will throw the error on the
remote machine (for clarity this one doesn't use parameters):
<Query>
<DataSourceName>SullandGruppen</DataSourceName>
<CommandText>="SELECT
{[Measures].[Faktisk denne mnd]} ON COLUMNS,
{[Dato].[All Dato].[2004].[January]} ON ROWS
FROM Finanskube
WHERE
([Avdeling].[Salg],
[Avdelingsstruktur].[All Avdelingsstruktur].[3 Inntekter],
[Firma].[Gjovik Auto])"</CommandText>
<rd:UseGenericDesigner>true</rd:UseGenericDesigner>
</Query>
Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? This is a fresh
install of Reporting Services, so I haven't tried deploying reports to it
before. It have only got the Server Components and .NET runtime installed.
Many thanks for any input!
-Christian NordbakkWell, my bad this one :o/
I had developed the reports on SP1 but forgotten to upgrade the server. That
caused the report to crash because of the query being split onto multiple
lines, which pre-SP1 doesn't support.
-Christian Nordbakk
"Christian Nordbakk" <cnordbakk@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23hcuOyAwEHA.2172@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I've created a bunch of reports locally on my machine, where they all run
> just fine, but when I try to deploy them to a server I run into some
> problems.
> I only have access to the server through a third party remote desktop
> application (NetOp), so I have to do the deployment by manually uploading
> the .rdl file in Report Manager. The reports uses MDX queries which I've
> had to change into concatenated strings to allow for parameters, but when
> I try to upload the files I only get the "BC30648 String constants must
> end with a double quote." error.
> If I remove the parameters, and the quotes around the whole query the
> files upload just fine. Additionally, I've tried uploading the files
> manually both on my own machine and a colleague's without getting this
> error. The reports also run fine on these two machines after the upload
> (and configuration of datasources).
> Below is a sample of the query in a report that will throw the error on
> the remote machine (for clarity this one doesn't use parameters):
> <Query>
> <DataSourceName>SullandGruppen</DataSourceName>
> <CommandText>="SELECT
> {[Measures].[Faktisk denne mnd]} ON COLUMNS,
> {[Dato].[All Dato].[2004].[January]} ON ROWS
> FROM Finanskube
> WHERE
> ([Avdeling].[Salg],
> [Avdelingsstruktur].[All Avdelingsstruktur].[3 Inntekter],
> [Firma].[Gjovik Auto])"</CommandText>
> <rd:UseGenericDesigner>true</rd:UseGenericDesigner>
> </Query>
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? This is a fresh
> install of Reporting Services, so I haven't tried deploying reports to it
> before. It have only got the Server Components and .NET runtime installed.
> Many thanks for any input!
> -Christian Nordbakk
>

No comments:

Post a Comment