Monday, March 19, 2012

"View Report" button.

Would someone be able to tell me if this is a bug or not. When I have two
parameters (both text boxes) and change the first one and click on the "View
Report" button to refresh the data with the new parameter values it blanks
the report out and I do not see "processing report" like I normally do. On
the second click it processes the report.
When I change a parameter in the second text box and click "View Report", it
processes the first click.
Seems like a bug of sorts. Anyone encounter this before? I'm more than
happy to provide the RDL.
Best Regards,
Benjamin PierceThis sometimes happens if parameter 2 has values based on a query and the
value of that query is dependent on the value of parameter 1 (hierarchical
parameters).
What happens is that when you choose a value for P1, we try to go back and
get values for P2. Now before we get those values the user clicks view
report. Since you've requested a to view a report with only one parameter
specified, we send back a page asking for the second parameter value.
However due to browser refresh, it doesn't look like anything happened. Now
you provide a value for parameter 2, you get the report rendered.
You can make this stop happening by providing a default value for parameter
2.
-Lukasz
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Benjamin Pierce" <bpierce@.opentext.com> wrote in message
news:ujptP0AcEHA.384@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> Would someone be able to tell me if this is a bug or not. When I have two
> parameters (both text boxes) and change the first one and click on the
> "View
> Report" button to refresh the data with the new parameter values it blanks
> the report out and I do not see "processing report" like I normally do.
> On
> the second click it processes the report.
> When I change a parameter in the second text box and click "View Report",
> it
> processes the first click.
> Seems like a bug of sorts. Anyone encounter this before? I'm more than
> happy to provide the RDL.
>
> Benjamin Pierce
>

No comments:

Post a Comment