Friday, March 16, 2012

"Timeout expired" error occuring while fetching the data with SQL Server 2000

Hello,
I have one application which is having written inasp.net & plainasp.
I am having one button on asp page,
when i will click on that button, then itwill execute one other asp page.
And after the execution of that second asp page, I redirect it to some
ASPX page with some values.
On the ASPX page, it will connect to the Database, and insert the values.
Thus, sometime, the following error is occuring :
"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

Main thing is that i am testing it on my local machine, then also it is giving me this error ...
Insert into statement is also not much complicated :
just I inserted three values in one table.
Is this occuring due to the mixer of asp & aspx??
Plz give me some proper solution.
I want it in efficient manner, because this application will be accessed by number of users at the same time.
Plz help me.


Thanks,
Sandy
Have you been able to pointpint exactly where the bottleneck is occuring? Is the INSERT statement definitely the culprit?
|||Yes...
for insert statement.
But I think this is not creating any matter.
matter is the connection with DB.
This is not occuring everytime.
It's frequancy is 30%.
But for number of users concurrent access, i am not sure is it same or may be increase.
Currently I am using the following connection string :
ConnectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User ID=test;Password=test;min pool size=1; max pool size=300"

If there is any issue in this string, plz let me know.
Plz give me the feasible solution ASAP.
Thanks,
Sandy
|||I'd use Performance Monitor to check how well your connection pooling is working for you. See this article:Tuning Up ADO.NET Connection Pooling in ASP.NET Applications, in particular the Monitoring Connection Pooling Behavior section

No comments:

Post a Comment