Sunday, March 11, 2012

"SQLServerAgent service hung on starting"

Since I installed sp4 for sql7 on 3 NT-machines last week, I get this message from Service Control Manager on every reboot of those PC's. After checking in the NT EventViewer, the SQLServerAgent service is really started but about 15-20 seconds after the error message.

EventID 7022
SERVICE CONTROL MANAGER
"SQLServerAgent service hung on starting"

Any idea how to solve this or what causes this?Take a look at your SQL Error log. SQL Server Agent will not be able to start unless the error log shows 'Recovery Complete'.|||Check your odbc administrator -> tracing -> check to see if it is enabled (if it is, stop the tracing).|||Thanks for your replies. Problem solved, the error message was caused because I also disabled the Messenger service (for security reasons). Now I enabled it again & the SQGAgent Service starts on reboot without the error warning. I still wonder why because I don't like leaving the Messenger service running.

No comments:

Post a Comment